Monday 16 May 2011

See The Dog, Not The Dentist

Wow.




Finally blogging! Hello electronic, keyboard-controlled world.  I'm parachutefan.  This is my first ever blog.  And I'm pretty stoked.  I don't really have particular theme going here, besides I love to write, and I wanted to write earlier this year, but I was away for university and swamped.  Literally.  Well no, not literally. There was no aquatic marshland inside my dorm room (thank the heavens, thats the last thing that building needed), but the workload I experienced while away for my first year was incredible.  And didn't give me much spare time for sitting down and spilling out my year, which was very eventful.

Heck, maybe my summer will be just as eventful, and this time I'll be able to jot it all down

So who am I? I'm a first year... well sort of second year canadian university student.  I'm in between years.  Tada. I absolutely love hockey, and my team just happens to be the Chicago Blackhawks.  That all started about 3 years ago.  More about that later.

Oh I can't stand the Vancouver Canucks.  Don't bring up the entire 'Canada's Team' thing ever.  Geez.  Less than half that team is Canadian.

Actually playoffs (especially first round) became very personal for me this year.  More on that later

I work at a local sports store as a cashier, which means I don't really know much about the products we sell.  I'm actually completely useless as soon as a customer has an intelligent question about a piece of sports equipment.  I usually just go tug on the sleeve of one of the guys I work with who can actually explain how to fit someone for shoulder pads.  I answer the phone, smile at people, scan their purchases, sort receipts, refold clothes, and walk around the store.  We're not that busy right now in the month of may.

I'm a complete geek.  No, I actually am.  I love it, I've just learned that telling about my neurotransmitters at parties seriously embarrasses my friends.  I spent last Saturday sitting at home watching Pirates of the Carribean with my dog and sister.  But that was more because I decided to go out partying downtown on Friday night with a sinus infection.  Sinus infection + a night filled with Jagerbombs and tequila shots = a very unpleasant Saturday.  Whoops.  Learned that lesson.

I can recite most of the Lord of the Rings movies, explain the plot line of the Legend of Zelda games, explain the Doppler effect, how an inductors magnetic field works, and why plants grow towards the light.  But I can't honestly tell you why I'm stuck thinking about one boy in a 'nucks hat that I went out with once.  That was over a month ago.  And he lives 8 hours away.  And yes, this relates to the playoffs thing.

I'm also up too late right now, yay work in the morning!

Today was my day off and I spent a portion of it driving around the train station trying to park my car.  Parking is one of those activities that gets my heart rate up.  I can drive fine, I love driving.  I hate parking and I walk everywhere.  My current duct taped headlight from last summer is a fine example of why.  Like I said earlier... more on that later :) I'll post more stories.  Tonight is not the night from that *attempts to gaze intelligently over non-existent half moon spectacles*

So, my dad texted me asking if I wanted to go chill with my other dog while home for the day, just as an idea.  I responded with I can't, I'm on the train heading downtown to go to the dentist.

While at the dentist, I got told I get my wisdom teeth pulled in a month.  3rd dental surgery, here I come.

Should've gone to see the dog...

1 comment:

  1. I can tell that this is going to be an enjoyable blog to read. I like. :)

    ReplyDelete