Tuesday 17 May 2011

The Way It Was

So, I'm sure my one reader is actually wondering why I go by ParachuteFan.  It has nothing to do with actual parachutes.  I mean, sure, I am a fan of parachutes.  They're great if you happen to find yourself outside an aircraft at cruising altitude.  But i prefer to stay inside during my flight.  Seatbealt fastened, tray table and seat back in the upright position.
Okay maybe not THAT picky during flying, but I always feel bad reclining my seat! What if I'm cramping in on the space of the person behind me? Eesh maybe its just me...

Anyways, I must confess I've never participated in a parachuting activity.  Parachute is actually the name of a band I absolutely love.  I have a very varied taste in music, and I found out about these guys when they opened for Kelly Clarkson (stop laughing, all of you) back in November 2009.  Such a good band (might I mention that they all happen to be quite good looking as well? Mmmm hmmmm).  So, I am embarrassed to admit, I developed a squealy, giggly fangirl crush on the band and their music.






Yup, there they all are.  Johnny, Alex, Will, Kit and Nate. Woot. Good guys, great music! So when I had to come up for a username for some raaandom website (probably StumbleUpon, I waste alot of time there) it popped into my head.  It has a nice ring. It's short.  It's simple. So I ran with it.

Anyway, their newest album, The Way It Was, was released today! Congrats, guys!

I worked a 8 hour shift today, and afterwards rushed to my local Walmart to see if I could snag a copy of the cd.  I know that cds really aren't big anymore, but for certain bands it's great to have a copy.  Same goes for my Death Cab For Cutie and Coldplay albums (if you can check out either of these bands live, I HIGHLY recommend it.  They both put on amazing shows, absolutely fantastic to see in concert).

Walmart didn't have any copies.  Neither did Future Shop.  Looks like we're making an HMV trek tomorrow afternoon.  And I was so stoked. *grumpy four-year-old pout* Oh well, tomorrow my car may be graced once again by the beautiful symphony that is Parachute.

Okay that was cheesy. Not gonna lie.

So they are my namesake, and they sing songs about love and relationships that make you go 'awww' and wish you were dating the drummer.  Well, that's what happens to me anyways :)

Tampa Bay and Boston played today! Eastern Conference final going on right now in playoffs.  Wish I caught the full game.  Boston won, 6 - 5.  I'm rooting for them :P

Vancouver game tomorrow. Go San Jose Sharks! At this point in playoffs, I'm cheering for anybody BUT Vancouver.  I lived in BC for the entire first round when my team was beat in OT of game 7.  Canucks fans are VERY vocal when you wear a Chicago jersey in public.  I've never been chirped so bad in my life!  Did anyone see Jonathan Toews goal to tie it up though? 1:26 left in the 3rd period. Shorthanded.

It is why I love him.  <3


 This is parachutefan (and i guess chicagoblawkhawksfan) signing off.

1 comment: