Tuesday 7 June 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Holy hannah, I feel like I live in Vancouver.

It's nutso! 

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, RAIN



It's nice, to a certain extent

The beautiful smell of the rain on a hot sidewalk
The quiet sssshhhh-ing as I fall asleep with the window open
How green it makes everything
It cleans everything off, it freshens up the air

After a thunderstorm is one of the best times.  The sky is blue, the sun comes out and the air is amazing.
If the sun does come out

Not a fan of these.


Here at home, it's been preeeetty rainy!  The sun has been blocked behind grey clouds, completely obscured for days.  It gets me down actually.  Just depressed.  I think I might be solar powered...

These seem strapped to my back

The sun is amazing, like... it's a giant ball of flaming gases 150 million kilometers (93 million miles for you imperial people).  It takes 8 minutes for the light to just GET here, and it powers our entire planet.  Everything we use here was somehow connected to the sun (not to sure about the rock and metal bit, I'll get back to you on that one).

Booyah

Still, probs wont be seeing any of the big bright guy until Friday.  Sadface :( My friend last week went riding her horse through lakes.... er... i mean... puddles.... anyway, she had to dry off her horse with a hair dryer afterwards! Muddy muddy muddy!

I waded through an autowrecker (also known as the auto graveyard) to see if I could find a new light for my car.  No such luck yet! It seems that once a car finally gets to rest in pieces in a muddy field far in the south of the city, the lights are yanked from the sockets rather quickly.  Well, you need a light.  That's the thing.  God, I'm just waiting to get busted for driving around with the broken light.  At least the turn signal still works!  There's hope still!

Hrmmm... so even though it's all glum where I'm from (accidental rhyming :P ) I think today needs a bit more of a cheery tune...
Seabear is a, ahem, 'an Icelandic indie-folk band from Reykjavik, Iceland' (Wikipedia, I love you).  They've got some sweet tracks, really laid back.  Personally, I absolutely love them.  Today's Song Of The Day is called Libraries and it's off their 2007 album The Ghost That Carried Us Away. Give it a listen!



Neato fact: Their name 'Seabear' comes from the latin name for polar bear, which is Ursus Maritimus (literally translating to 'bear of the sea'.  Go figure)


DID YOU WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT?!  I missed part of it, but wow, what a game.  That's the thing about the canucks.  If they are going to have a bad game, it's going to be a really bad game... which I love. Heck, the final score was 8 - 1 for Boston! The best bit: Ryan Kesler scored the winning goal.  Yes.  On himself.  Go Bruins!




My thoughts go out to Nathan Horton tonight, who took a quite a late hit from Vancouver's Aaron Rome early in the first period.  He was carried off the ice in a stretcher and his injuries are currently undisclosed but he didn't look good! Rome also received a five minute major penalty and a game misconduct.  Personally, he should be suspended for that kind of hit.  But I'll let you decide for yourself

Best wishes, Nathan Horton.  We hope to see you back on the ice soon.

This is ParachuteFan, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment