Thursday 2 June 2011

Encore

The Fray made us work for it.

I got to see The Fray last night.  Wow.  My friend called me while I was still away for school about 2 months ago saying she had tickets, and was wondering if I wanted to go see The Fray.  I know The Fray, and they are pretty good... so I said sure

4th row seats.  Wow, you're pretty much in the spit zone!

They put on an amazing show.  So good live.  They've got some amazing music and sounded fantastic live.  That's how you know if a band is really good.  They really did blow me away.  I'd see them again in a heartbeat.  I was sad when it ended!  Worse part of a concert is when it's over.  I love live music.  I've actually been lucky and live in a Canadian city that's big enough to host some major names like Keith Urban and Coldplay.

Keith Urban x 2
Death Cab For Cutie
Neil Young
The Killers
Parachute
Kelly Clarkson
Coldplay
Faber Drive
OneRepublic
Hedley
The Fray
Michael Buble

I feel like I'm forgetting someone... nope... think thats everyone

And I love the encore.  It's crazy, the anticipation.  They always say they are leaving, wave and thank you for coming to the show and everyone starts screaming.  You clap, and yell and cheer and shout and wait wait wait.  It's dark, you can feel your hands slowly numbing and your throat begins to hurt.  And the band STILL isn't back.  You begin to worry that the people around you are giving up.  Don't give up, they'll be back.  They have to be.  It's not over until the lights come on.  But still.  Then finally, just as that tiny doubt was beginning to grow, you glimpse the band members coming back.  And they crowd goes wild.  Even in the little concert hall that I saw The Fray in went nuts.  And they didn't just do one song, nope.  They came back for four.  Wonderful.



That was the closest I've ever been to a band at a concert (I'll have a picture of my seat later, right now the camera cord is conveniently MIA) .  Like, you almost felt awkward because they might look at you, and you'd feel bad for staring.  But having a concert in a small little hall like that made it feel so much more personal than a usual huge amphitheater or arena. (I didn't know that amphitheater was spelled with a ph.  Go figure.  Amphitheater)

Beautiful.  I can't wait for a new album for them.  Apparently they are in the studio right now, but took a break to tour with U2!

Haven't blogged in a while.  I feel like nothing terribly exciting has happened in my life that's worth sharing with the world

'Hey everyone, I slept in today and went to work.  Then came home and ate a cookie.  The End'  Holy hannah, waste of time.

Music is a big thing though, and May was a good month for music.  Parachute, Lady Gaga (Okay, I've got to admit I'm actually quite nervous to listen to her album.  Let's be serious, it's Lady Gaga we're talking about) and Death Cab for Cutie all released albums.  I highly recommend Codes And Keys by Death Cab.  It's the only thing I've been listening to since I got it yesterday (well, besides The Fray, I got their newest album too).  And I got to check out a fantastic concert!

I guess I'll have to write about mostly music.


That has to be my favourite track off the new album.  But what I've noticed about music, is you listen to it once, and there's a few songs that really hit you the first time you hear them, but later on the other songs grow on you.  Maybe it's the lyrics, or they are a softer song you can just sink into.  They develop their own memories, meanings.

Wow, trying to sound mystical about music, and just coming off cheesy.  My apologies.

Awww

Okay, back to my actual life, I slept in later today than I ever have in my life and it's throwing me off.  After the concert I just crashed at my friends place.  I hadn't really hung out with her since I got back so we stayed up til almost 3 just chatting and catching up.  We then set up camp in the basement.  Which is very very very dark

We woke up at 2:30 Man, did that screw up my day.  What meal do you eat when you get up that late?  Breakfast? Lunch? We had Kraft Dinner.  I only had 2.5 hours before I had to go work! Nutso.  Never again.  Don't get me wrong.  I love catching a decent amount of zzzz's a night, but I'm not one to really sleep in.  11:30 is perfect for me.  You still have the day!

God, I feel like I'm gonna be up all night or something.  My friend Julie also showed me some really good comedians... Michael McIntyre elaborates on the fact of staying up til 3 am...


He is brilliant!

Hey, you.  Yes you, my 10 readers (I hope you know I love you all), how does a Song Of The Day sound? (Or song of the week/month, judging by my posting history)

'Nucks are in the Stanley Cup final.  Lord, prepare us all for the wrath of Vancouver.  Psycho-man Raffi Torres (wow, I'm mean to the nucks players!) scored the game winner with 19 seconds left in the game, breaking the bagel - bagel tie that had been haunting the rink all night. 
 
It's the eyes.  I swear.
He just gives me the heebie-jeebies.  (No clue where that term comes from, the English language amazes me at times).

Eeeesh.  Yikes *shivers and pulls covers up to the chin*

Yes, so I will be valiantly cheering for Boston now, not really because I like them but more because I can't stand Vancouver.  It took one person to make playoffs personal for me, and unfortunately, I don't let go easily.  Go figure.

Well at least it wasn't Alex Burrows this time.  He managed to break my little Blackhawks heart. 

So yep, that is my ParachuteFan update for the day/week.  Welcome June! Not much else happened that is really worth noting except a rather unfortunate night out that ended with me having a very personal encounter with a flight of hardwood stairs

No, I don't want to talk about it.  My elbow is still recovering.

Writing makes me feel better, I can just let things flow.

Huh, now that I've been up for the grand total of 11 hours, I think I'm gonna head to bed.

(Pssst.... Song of the Post would be Doors Unlocked And Open which is linked above, check it out! Go Death Cab!)

Love love love
This is ParachuteFan, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment